Hi, my name is Amanda Yu, I am the owner and designer of ”Exotic Flavour” the colorful, playful and creative jewelry design. I am grateful that I had been invited by Miseducated to prepare this DIY story for you. I hope you will like it. I will show you how to make this Fortune Coins Pink Necklace.
1. The material is very simple, prepare a Pink cotton cord (length: 155cm and thick: 3mm) and Sex piece of the round wood ornament with a hole in the middle.
2. Put on one wood ornament and make a knot. This is a part of the clasp.
3. Coil two small circles, hold tight with your left thump.
4. Round the third circle between the first two circles, pull the cord generally.
5. Put another wood ornament and repeat (3.) and (4.) until you have five patterns.
6. In the end of the cord I made an oriental cross knot and tight it nicely.
7. If you think it is complicated, you can make any knots you like. Just make sure the little circle is not too big for the wood ornament – other part of the clasp. (1)
8. The Fortune Coins Pink Necklace is now finished.
I hope you find this is inspiring. You can combine with different materials or perhaps develop another construction from this basic oriental knot. Here are two other creation I made earlier based on the same techniques.