Today I scanned cute flower girl for you to use to your heart’s content in craft and collage. To download right click the image and load the link in a new window then save the image to your hard drive.
We all know that eggs are a great food source and mega healthy for your body. But did you know that the all-natural item is also beneficial for your skin? In fact, egg whites clear up/prevent acne and blemishes, tightens skin and decreases signs of age.
Here are a few egg*y DIY beauty recipes for you to try at home! I promise, these recipes will yield products just as good (if not better) than any spa could provide you!
Chilled eggs and honey face mask
This cool face mask is great for dry skin. It’s soothing and moisturizing! Here’s what you need:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tbs honey
(1) Heat your coconut so that it is warm, but not too hot. You can do this in a microwave save container in your microwave or over the stove at a low-medium heat.
(2) The first thing you need to do is crack your egg open into a small bowl. Beat the egg until it is foamy and consistent in texture.
(3) After you’ve finished stirring the egg, gradually add your warm coconut oil. Doesn’t it smell delicious? Next, add your tablespoon of honey. Beat all of these ingredients until you have a semi-thick consistency (similar to mayonnaise).
(4) This next part will sound a little strange! Use an empty toilet paper roll and place one end into a bowl. Put your mixture inside of the roll and place it in the freezer. Remove the roll once the contents inside are completely frozen!
(5) Once it’s frozen, peel part of the toilet paper roll away (about 1/4 inch) and apply to your face, rubbing it around in a circular motion. It should resemble a frozen popsicle! Let the contents sit on your face for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water. Splash your face with cold water to tighten pores and gently pat dry.
*You will have plenty left over for future-use! Simply cover with a plastic bag and place in the freezer again.
Moisturizing Egg Yolk Hair Mask
This recipe is super easy and a great cure-all for dry hair, dead/split ends and frizz issues! Gather these items before you begin:
1 egg yolk
1 cup milk
1/2 tbs. rosewater (optional)
(1) Separate the egg yolk from the egg white and place in a small-medium sized bowl. Beat the yolk until there are lots of little bubbles on the top – it should be frothy looking!
(2) Gradually add the milk in. If you have rosewater, you may add the 1/2 tbs. at this time. Mix all of the ingredients together until you reach a consistent texture.
(3) Apply the mixture onto your hair, starting with the ends (which tend to be the driest). Work your way up until your hair is fully coated.
(4) After 15 minutes, rinse the egg mixture from your hair with tepid water (if it’s too hot you’ll end up with scrambled egg-yolk hair). Make sure you remove everything!
Shine Reducing Egg and Lemon Treatment
This treatment does wonders for a tired and/or oily face. Not only does it firm and tighten skin but it also reduces shine. Here’s what you need:
1 egg white
1 medium sized lemon
(1) Separate the egg white from the egg yolk and place in a small-medium sized bowl.
(2) Cut the lemon in half and squeeze out the juice into your bowl. Remove any seeds that may have danced their way into the bowl!
(3) Whisk the lemon juice and egg until it is completely blended. The texture should be smooth and consistent.
(4) Apply the concoction onto your face and let it set for 15 minutes. Once it’s hard and flaky, rinse the mixture from your face with warm water. Splash your face with cold water to tighten pores and gently pat dry.
You may follow up with your nightly moisturizer.
Good luck and happy beauty!