“Every life transition has its “zero hour,” that moment when everything that came before it is different from everything that comes after.” ~ Holly Rossi
Sage Cleansing Ritual
1. Make or purchase a dried sage smudge stick (many dried sprigs of sage tied together into a small bundle) and also obtain an abalone shell to hold it over while it burns so you do not drop ash or embers as you go around your home.
2. Open every door and window in your home, including the closets, drawers, cabinets and pantries.
3. Light the stick and softly blow out the flame to allow the embers to smoke (like incense).
4. Walk around the room waving the smoking sage stick into every corner, along walls, around windows, in cabinets and closets and along ceiling lines. You may need to relight several times to keep it smoking. As you do, imagine the smoke absorbing all negativity, toxicity, left-over energies from others who occupied your home once before and anything else you want to dispel. Watch the smoke dissipate and float out the windows while imagining the negative energies flowing out of your space to make room for positive energy. Say a prayer of cleansing as you do this.
“I cleanse this space of all impurities, negative energies, bad vibrations and anything else that does not suit or support the people that live here now. Infuse this home with the love of my higher power and of the universe.”
5. After you’ve blessed every room, give yourself a sage shower by cupping your hands over the smoke and brushing it over your face and body. Visualize any residual negativity floating out of your body, out of your home and into oblivion.
6. Extinguish the stick in water and store it for the next use or – if your stick is almost gone – bury it in your yard for added protection from negative energy.
It’s been such beautiful day outside today that I decided to go to the park to take some photos with Colette and Ben in tow. I’m not feeling very cute today but I think I pulled it off ok… it was hard not to cut my head out of all of the photos again! hah.
I wore my new Faeria Long Vest from Siren London so I could feature the sequins and details in the sunlight. Their work is always so intricate and sparkly that I can’t believe it. I have to inspect it again.
“Capture that moment, one from a dream or a long lost memory that you would like retain. Dreaming of holding hands with someone in the park or your favourite toy that you wish you could play with again.” ~ Siren
I also brought a soft blanket for Colette to sit on in the grass and she really enjoyed it. She picked at the grass with her fingers and smelled it. She loves smelling things now, it’s her new thing.
It has been so beautiful outside here lately that we’ve been taking walks everyday. I love it. I want to be outside all of the time. Even if that only means smoking my hookah pipe while reading on the balcony. Even if it that only means propping my laptop on my knees to write in bed with all of the windows open.
Remember how we were discussing the hookah and the new flavor of shisha I had found? Well I found a said to be bad brand of shisha that I think tastes and smells AMAZING. It’s the shitty Jewels brand you see everywhere only in a big tin labeled Pink Lemonade. Mmmm! :9 Ben hates it though so it could be terrible — I have to admit that I always have the most wacky tastes!
Having done some research and going by brands I’ve tried I did find what the three best brands are for shisha. Are you interested? I can’t wait to try these flavors. :9
Recently I had the chance to try some of Siren’s new styles and I was instantly hooked yet again. Their bedazzled clothing lights up the whimsical part of my brain like no other. As soon as I toss a garment over my head, in this case it’s their Belle Black Indie Dress, I feel ready to frolic in the forest and to pick the wildflowers that brush the delicate hem.
When I get my shit together I promise I’ll be adding a lot more photos of their goodies.
In other news I finally decided to get the hookah pipe down off of the mantel and put it to good use again. I’ve been smoking a lot of shisha lately and have spotted a cute brand for you to try if you’re interested (but I’ve heard the best brand is Starbuzz). These come in cute tins and an array of flavors. My favorite tin is the papillon flavor which I must admit I have to try. I’ll let you know how it tastes!