Let’s get pinned. My mood board for the day is whimsically spiced like a cup of my favorite tea, Amandine Rose, which has sadly been discontinued from Teavana (so I’m hoarding my filled tea tin like I’m hoarding the inspiring photos you see below all over my pin boards). Drink a cup with glittery eyes and relax with visions of sugar dolls dancing in your mind.
If you’re reading this blog you’ve probably already found lots of ways to include more whimsy into your lifestyle but here are a whole lot more. Most importantly you should enjoy every single day because every day is special. Find ways to make your days special and you have a key for more happiness.
1. Sprinkle your cocoa froth with stars sprinkles.
2. Hide sweet fortunes (found in cookies) in boxes, cabinets and drawers to be found throughout the day.
3. Adorn your walls in whimsical prints from Etsy and local art gatherings.
4. Use cherry icing as chap-stick.
5. Burn a fruity candle and a dessert candle at the same time but different areas of your living room. Feel free to include fizzypop fragrance oil in one room and vanilla in the other. Walk through your home and enjoy the candy aroumas, imagine you’re in a candy store or soda pop shop!
6. Purchase frames, paint them your favorite colors with acrylic and hang them on your walls filled with art and favorite posters and clippings.
7. Dip your finger into a container of cool whip and then stick it into your mouth. Yum!
8. Purchase some sand and a sunlamp.. place the sand in a container large enough for your feet and heat it with the lamp overhead. Feel the warm sand with your hands and stick your toes in it as well!
9. Don’t toss the sand! Add a bit of water and build a sand castle.
10. Tea party! Bake cupcakes, make small sandwiches cut-out with cookie cutters and brew your favorite tea. It doesn’t matter if no one else is able to come, enjoy your tea party! Have daily tea parties.
11. Take a bubble bath with candles and tea. Read in the bath. Relax.
12. Listen to Rockabye Baby Lullaby renditions of your favorite songs while you relax for a nap.
13. Sketch out ideas and images that cheer you up. Add color with pencils or paint. Start going with it and see where you end up.
14. Top your pancakes with ice-cream syrup topping and sprinkles for a cute and sweet dessert.
15. Turn your toast into fairy bread (see below).
Fairy Bread Recipe
- Toast bread.
- Spread lightly and evenly with butter.
- Top heavily with sprinkles.
- Cut into 4 triangles. (or use cookie cutters if you’re REALLY feeling whimsical!)
It seems with my leave of absence (pregnancy, new motherhood and loads of work) a lot of the chatters here at the blog from earlier days are quieting down. We discuss that everyone has given up on any chance of an update or response so they’re no longer coming back to check.. well whatever the reason, I’m officially off of maternity leave! I always leave little updates on twitter assuming you get them but why assume? I figured I’d update (on a weekend day!) just to let you know how I feel about the situation.
Our visitor stats ARE back up and we’re glad. I’m happy many more of you are finding our colorful home and reading our splendidly girly articles. I speak for everyone involved when I say we LOVE it.
Hopefully with new content we’ll also be hearing from our other wonderful contributors, huh? You’ll see very soon!
Also — please nominate your favorite artist and handmakers for future features. Who deserves some praise from our whimsical neck of the wonderland woods? It’s one of my new favorite things, featuring artists. There are so many amazing artists out there I cannot wait to tell you about!
Another giveaway is coming up soon so stay tuned.